Atlanta-area hospitals join blood transfusion network
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, July 17, 2008
A nationwide network to collect data on blood transfusion and recipient outcomes will include four metro Atlanta hospitals at its launch. Proponents of the network say that analysis of the data will help ensure patient and donor safety, as well as lower healthcare costs. A deeper data pool would also help the network find trends and recommend treatments to reduce disease and mortality rates for patients and donors, they added.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers