Atlanta-area hospitals join blood transfusion network
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, July 17, 2008
A nationwide network to collect data on blood transfusion and recipient outcomes will include four metro Atlanta hospitals at its launch. Proponents of the network say that analysis of the data will help ensure patient and donor safety, as well as lower healthcare costs. A deeper data pool would also help the network find trends and recommend treatments to reduce disease and mortality rates for patients and donors, they added.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream