Health proposal rankles Democrats
AP/Yahoo News, July 17, 2008
Democratic lawmakers say that the Bush administration is considering a new federal rule that would withhold government funding from healthcare providers and organizations that refuse to hire workers who won't perform abortions or provide emergency contraception. Federal law already prohibits discriminating against any individual or institution that refuses to perform abortions or provide a referral for one, but the problem is that the document defines abortion as including the administration of certain contraceptives, lawmakers say.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion