Florida-based WellCare hires chief financial officer
Miami Herald, July 18, 2008
WellCare Health Plans, the Tampa, FL-based managed-care provider being investigated by U.S. and Florida law enforcement authorities over possible fraud, has hired Thomas L. Tran as chief financial officer. Tran replaces Paul Behrens, who resigned in January along with Chief Executive Officer Todd Farha and general counsel Thaddeus Bereday amid investigations by the U.S. Justice Department and Florida authorities.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts