Florida-based WellCare hires chief financial officer
Miami Herald, July 18, 2008
WellCare Health Plans, the Tampa, FL-based managed-care provider being investigated by U.S. and Florida law enforcement authorities over possible fraud, has hired Thomas L. Tran as chief financial officer. Tran replaces Paul Behrens, who resigned in January along with Chief Executive Officer Todd Farha and general counsel Thaddeus Bereday amid investigations by the U.S. Justice Department and Florida authorities.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically