Missouri-based CoxHealth resolves allegations of Medicare fraud
Springfield, MO-based system CoxHealth has agreed to pay $60 million to resolve allegations of Medicare fraud and other irregularities. The U.S. attorney's office in Kansas City said that CoxHealth would pay $35 million immediately, followed by five yearly payments of $5 million each. In a separate agreement with the Office of Inspector General of the federal Department of Health and Human Services, Cox signed a "corporate integrity agreement" to ensure its compliance with Medicare and other federal requirements.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care