Birmingham hospitals going to the suburbs, but process can be long, complicated
Numerous Birmingham, AL-area hospitals are starting to branch out from the urban core and locate in surrounding suburbs, but competition among them guarantees that all such moves will be long and drawn out through the state regulatory process. The regulatory process is intended to keep healthcare costs in check by preventing unnecessary duplication of services, but its critics believe it does the opposite by stifling competition.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest