Frist family looks to China for new hospital venture
The Nashville-based Frist family, which helped start the for-profit hospital chain HCA Inc., are launching a company to take the U.S. system of managing and operating hospitals to China. China Healthcare Corp. said it has an initial agreement with a city southeast of Shanghai to build and operate a hospital that would replace an existing location. The startup would own a 70% stake in the joint venture, while the government of Ningbo would own the remaining 30%. The agreement requires approval from the Chinese ministries of health and commerce, a process that takes up to nine months on average.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013