Two Catholic hospitals in Florida to get one boss
South Florida Roman Catholic hospitals Holy Cross and Mercy will combine operations under a joint chief executive, the hospitals have announced. John C. Johnson, the top boss at Fort Lauderdale-based Holy Cross Hospital, has been selected to head a new Catholic Health East organization in Southeast Florida that will include Holy Cross and Mercy Hospital in Miami. In his new role, Johnson will be responsible for overall strategic planning and operating performance for the two hospitals.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments