Two Catholic hospitals in Florida to get one boss
South Florida Roman Catholic hospitals Holy Cross and Mercy will combine operations under a joint chief executive, the hospitals have announced. John C. Johnson, the top boss at Fort Lauderdale-based Holy Cross Hospital, has been selected to head a new Catholic Health East organization in Southeast Florida that will include Holy Cross and Mercy Hospital in Miami. In his new role, Johnson will be responsible for overall strategic planning and operating performance for the two hospitals.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL