South Carolina hospital shows off new unit
Officials at South Carolina-based Palmetto Health Baptist have unveiled a new neonatal ICU, which is part of a $57 million project at the facility. The new unit has been designated as Level III, and includes 17 single rooms with one nurse's station for every two rooms. Palmetto Baptist's maternity unit delivers about 4,000 babies a year, and about 10% require some level of neonatal intensive care, said Palmetto Health officials. The rooms in the new unit are outfitted with the latest monitoring equipment and are designed to stimulate brain development. Special equipment includes a phone system to alert nurses of a change in vital signs, foot-controlled hand washing stations, and a communication center for patients and caregivers.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers