Illinois panel backs Advocate purchase of Libertyville hospital
Chicago Tribune, August 13, 2008
The Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board has approved Advocate Health Care's purchase of Condell Medical Center in Libertyville. Advocate announced in May it intended to purchase Condell for $180 million, expanding Advocate's reach deeper into Lake County. Advocate still needs to get formal approval for the purchase from the Illinois Finance Authority and the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised