Illinois panel backs Advocate purchase of Libertyville hospital
Chicago Tribune, August 13, 2008
The Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board has approved Advocate Health Care's purchase of Condell Medical Center in Libertyville. Advocate announced in May it intended to purchase Condell for $180 million, expanding Advocate's reach deeper into Lake County. Advocate still needs to get formal approval for the purchase from the Illinois Finance Authority and the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer