Illinois panel backs Advocate purchase of Libertyville hospital
Chicago Tribune, August 13, 2008
The Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board has approved Advocate Health Care's purchase of Condell Medical Center in Libertyville. Advocate announced in May it intended to purchase Condell for $180 million, expanding Advocate's reach deeper into Lake County. Advocate still needs to get formal approval for the purchase from the Illinois Finance Authority and the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'