Alabama-based Mercy Medical lays off staff
The Press Register, August 15, 2008
Mercy Medical officials have announced that the Alabama-based nonprofit Catholic healthcare company had laid off 18 employees due to a drop in the number of patients staying at their facilities over the past two years. Of those laid off, just one employee had provided direct medical care to patients, while the rest had held administrative positions, said Mercy Medical officials.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives