Alabama-based Mercy Medical lays off staff
The Press Register, August 15, 2008
Mercy Medical officials have announced that the Alabama-based nonprofit Catholic healthcare company had laid off 18 employees due to a drop in the number of patients staying at their facilities over the past two years. Of those laid off, just one employee had provided direct medical care to patients, while the rest had held administrative positions, said Mercy Medical officials.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream