Washington approves sale of two Spokane hospitals
AP/Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 21, 2008
The Washington Health Department has approved the sale of two Spokane hospitals to Franklin, TN-based Community Health Systems. The not-for-profit Empire Health Services is selling Deaconess Medical Center and Valley Hospital and Medical Center for $272 million. They have a total of 511 acute-care beds and treat more than 225,000 patients a year.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'