Fairview, Blue Cross of Minnesota sign new contract
A day before their contract was due to expire, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota and Fairview Health Services signed an agreement that runs through 2009. The new contract ends the uncertainty for tens of thousands of Blue Cross members who had been told they might soon have to find doctors outside of Fairview or pay higher out-of-network charges. Blue Cross is the state's biggest health insurer, and Fairview is the third-largest clinic and hospital group in the state.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest