As HCA marks 40 years, its impact on healthcare is still felt
Hospital operator HCA Inc. is celebrating its 40th anniversary this month, and in that time has had a huge impact on the business of healthcare. HCA has been the catalyst behind Nashville's reputation as a "Silicon Valley" of healthcare: As many as 150 companies have been started out of HCA or by alumni of the company, the Nashville Health Care Council estimates. Some analysts also suggest that HCA played an even more important role by taking politics out of the medical equation by unmasking the inefficiencies of some county-owned institutions filled with patronage jobs.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'