Lower court’s ruling on Urbana, IL, hospital reversed
An Illinois state appeals court has reversed a lower court's decision that had allowed Urbana-based Provena Covenant Medical Center to keep its tax-exempt status in accordance with state laws. The case is part of the ongoing saga over whether Provena Covenant is a non-profit charitable institution. It has also been a case followed nationally, with state and federal lawmakers attacking non-profit hospital tax exemptions and questioning whether such health facilities are providing enough charity care.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream