Denver-based system to continue Ask-A-Nurse program
Denver Business Journal, August 28, 2008
Denver-based hospital system Centura Health will continue operating Ask-A-Nurse, its free call-in nurse service. In early July, Centura said it would close the service due to financial pressures. But Arlen Reynolds, Centura Health chief operating officer, said Centura was deluged with calls and e-mails from the community voicing disappointment about the move. Leaders met to reconsider the issue and decided to continue the service.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians