Registered nurses picketing at University of Washington Medical Center
Registered nurses of the UW Medical Center are picketing at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle. Union officials say contract negotiations with the school have stalled. Sticking points in the negotiations include a reduction in rest between nurses' shifts, a 4% pay hike over the next two years that the union says is not competitive, and changes in the amount of time the nurses can take off to care for sick family members.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers