At least 7 babies died from bacteria in Cuban hospital
At least seven newborns died in the Cuban maternity hospital Hijas de Galicia due to a bacterial infection they contracted in the operating room. The infection was caused by the bacteria acinetobacter in the operating room of the facility, according to sources. A medical source who did not want to be identified said the children "were born completely healthy." But a few hours after birth they developed respiratory problems, with sneezing and coughing, as well as a change in skin tone, lack of energy, fever, breathing difficulty, inflamed lungs, and meningoencephalitis.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care