Emory Healthcare to reopen renovated hospital in Tucker, GA
Emory Healthcare will reopen the former Northlake Medical Center in Tucker, GA, as a hospital focusing on orthopedic and spinal care. Emory spent $16 million on renovations to the former HCA hospital as it seeks to meet increased patient demand for orthopedic care. Emory projects a 25% increase in demand for inpatient orthopedic services over the next 10 years with the rise of knee and hip replacements and spinal surgeries, said company representatives.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care