Emory Healthcare to reopen renovated hospital in Tucker, GA
Emory Healthcare will reopen the former Northlake Medical Center in Tucker, GA, as a hospital focusing on orthopedic and spinal care. Emory spent $16 million on renovations to the former HCA hospital as it seeks to meet increased patient demand for orthopedic care. Emory projects a 25% increase in demand for inpatient orthopedic services over the next 10 years with the rise of knee and hip replacements and spinal surgeries, said company representatives.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest