Emory Healthcare to reopen renovated hospital in Tucker, GA
Emory Healthcare will reopen the former Northlake Medical Center in Tucker, GA, as a hospital focusing on orthopedic and spinal care. Emory spent $16 million on renovations to the former HCA hospital as it seeks to meet increased patient demand for orthopedic care. Emory projects a 25% increase in demand for inpatient orthopedic services over the next 10 years with the rise of knee and hip replacements and spinal surgeries, said company representatives.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program