New Jersey Blue Cross may cut Philadelphia hospitals from coverage
As the insurer campaigns to convert into a for-profit company, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is threatening to cut two Pennsylvania hospitals out of its treatment networks. Horizon has notified subscribers that it is terminating contracts with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania Health System when they expire later this year. Roughly 28,000 subscribers use those facilities.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US