St. Louis-based SSM Health Care could form more university partnerships
Douglas A. Ries has spent the past 25 years growing Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital in St. Louis. Ries now describes Cardinal Glennon as one of the most successful freestanding children's hospitals in the nation, and he attributes part of that success to the hospital's long-standing partnership with St. Louis University. Ries is leaving Cardinal Glennon as president in October, and will transition into senior network executive for university affiliations at SSM Healthcare. The new position will allow him to expand SSM's partnerships with academic medical centers, beyond pediatrics and obstetrics.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion