St. Louis-based SSM Health Care could form more university partnerships
Douglas A. Ries has spent the past 25 years growing Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital in St. Louis. Ries now describes Cardinal Glennon as one of the most successful freestanding children's hospitals in the nation, and he attributes part of that success to the hospital's long-standing partnership with St. Louis University. Ries is leaving Cardinal Glennon as president in October, and will transition into senior network executive for university affiliations at SSM Healthcare. The new position will allow him to expand SSM's partnerships with academic medical centers, beyond pediatrics and obstetrics.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law