Top health official ties firing to whistle-blowing
Des Moines Register, September 26, 2008
The recently fired director of the Iowa Division of Mental Health and Disability Services is charging that he was let go following complaints he made about incompetent state workers and the unnecessary spending of taxpayer money. Allen W. Parks was suspended earlier this week and told it was the result of an investigation into a hostile work environment—upon his firing, officials said the investigation was not yet completed.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013