Memorial at heart of healthcare in Florida’s South Broward Hospital District
Miami Herald, September 29, 2008
Memorial Regional Hospital, the mother ship for Florida's South Broward Hospital District, continues to reproduce. Opened as Memorial Hospital with 100 beds in 1953, the 20-acre facility in what became the heart of Hollywood, FL's residential area is now three hospitals in one with 690 beds, and needs to grow more, executives said. Annually, about 75,000 adults receive care at Memorial Regional.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus