Wake County, NC, medical group sold
Raleigh News & Observer, October 2, 2008
Critical Health Systems of Raleigh, NC, has been purchased by a division of Sunrise, FL-based Pediatrix Medical Group for an undisclosed amount of cash. Critical Health is currently the only provider of anesthesia for hospital patients in Wake County, NC. The company has long-term contracts with medical facilities in North Carolina, but officials at WakeMed and Rex Healthcare said they don't expect to see any changes after the sale.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse