Split verdict in Providence hospital corruption case
A federal jury has convicted Robert A. Urciuoli, former president of Providence, RI-based Roger Williams Medical Center, of corruption charges but acquitted another former hospital executive, Frances P. Driscoll. After deliberating for just over four days, the jury convicted Urciuoli of one count of conspiracy and 35 counts of mail fraud. A lawyer for Urciuoli vowed to continue the fight with an appeal.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US