Maryland-based Holy Cross Hospital moves ahead on expansion plans
Holy Cross Hospital, which announced plans in August to build a new hospital in Germantown, MD, and expand its existing Silver Spring (MD) facility, said both projects will cost around $476 million. Holy Cross has filed two applications for Certificates of Need with the Maryland Health Care Commission that outline details of the two endeavors. The proposed five-story, 93-bed hospital in Germantown on Montgomery College's campus is estimated to cost $267 million. The Germantown facility will also have an obstetrics/gynecology outpatient clinic.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments