Without reform, a healthcare bailout may be needed, Cerner CEO warns
With costs escalating, the healthcare industry may be headed for a crash that could mirror, or even dwarf, the $700 billion Wall Street bailout. At the same time, the industry is finally embracing technology to improve care, cut costs, and give patients a better and safer experience. That was the message from Neal Patterson, the chief executive of Cerner Corp., when speaking to 4,000 healthcare executives who gathered in Kansas City for the 23rd Cerner Health Conference.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream