Indiana-based St. Francis threatens split with Anthem
Tens of thousands of Anthem customers could face higher healthcare bills or disruptions in service if they seek care from Indiana-based St. Francis Hospital & Health Centers after Nov. 2. That's when the hospital system plans to sever ties with the Anthem in a dispute over reimbursement rates. St. Francis' contract with Anthem does not expire until September, but the Catholic hospital system said it is prepared to sever ties with the insurer almost a year early.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law