"We've brought these three boutique healthcare organizations together..."
During Top Leadership Teams event last week, this was the phrase that Jim Molpus, Editor-in-Chief of HealthLeaders Media used in jest to introduce a panel Ted Etyan, MD, was on along with Jay Srini, Chief Innovation Officer of UPMC Insurance Services, and Jeffrey Balser, MD, Ph.D., who was just named Dean of the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. In his blog, Etyan notes that the "boutique" he was representing was a combination of his previous employer, Group Health Permanente, and his current employer, The Permanente Federation.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments