"We've brought these three boutique healthcare organizations together..."
During Top Leadership Teams event last week, this was the phrase that Jim Molpus, Editor-in-Chief of HealthLeaders Media used in jest to introduce a panel Ted Etyan, MD, was on along with Jay Srini, Chief Innovation Officer of UPMC Insurance Services, and Jeffrey Balser, MD, Ph.D., who was just named Dean of the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. In his blog, Etyan notes that the "boutique" he was representing was a combination of his previous employer, Group Health Permanente, and his current employer, The Permanente Federation.
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion