"We've brought these three boutique healthcare organizations together..."
During Top Leadership Teams event last week, this was the phrase that Jim Molpus, Editor-in-Chief of HealthLeaders Media used in jest to introduce a panel Ted Etyan, MD, was on along with Jay Srini, Chief Innovation Officer of UPMC Insurance Services, and Jeffrey Balser, MD, Ph.D., who was just named Dean of the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. In his blog, Etyan notes that the "boutique" he was representing was a combination of his previous employer, Group Health Permanente, and his current employer, The Permanente Federation.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told