Catholic Healthcare West CEO discusses the potential of healthcare reform
Since 2000, Lloyd Dean has been chief executive officer of Catholic Healthcare West, a 41-hospital network based in San Francisco that is the country's eighth-largest hospital system. In this interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Dean discusses the potential of healthcare reform in light of the presidential election and current economic crisis, restrictions associated with Catholic healthcare and other issues affecting the health industry and not-for-profit health systems.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013