Thomas Frist to leave HCA board
Thomas Frist Jr., the sole co-founder of Nashville-based HCA still involved with the company, will resign from its board at the start of the new year, the latest step in a "changing of the guard" at HCA. Company officials confirmed that Frist will turn over his seat on the HCA board to his son, William R. Frist, a principal with a family investment firm, on Jan. 1. That will end the elder Frist's last formal role at the privately held company.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives