Healthcare professionals look at baseball stats to question practices
An increasing number of healthcare professionals are looking at the "sabermetrics" revolution in baseball statistics—a strategy to build better teams with cheaper players—to question established medical practices and to help develop better and cheaper healthcare. The process involves the development of best healthcare practices based on data that show which treatments and protocols work and which do not. But so far it has generated more interest than adoption among traditional healthcare providers.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers