Northwestern HealthCare, Lake Forest (IL) Hospital in affiliation talks
Chicago-based Northwestern Memorial Hospital is in pursuit of an "affiliation" with Lake Forest (IL) Hospital, executives from the two healthcare providers have confirmed. Like other Chicago-area hospitals, Northwestern Memorial has been looking at the suburbs to attract more insured patients. Some hospitals, mostly non-profit, say they need to generate revenue by opening facilities in areas with more insured patients to cover costs of those who cannot pay their bills. Though the exact deal has not been completed, neither side is not ruling out a merger or an acquisition by Northwestern Memorial as a way for Lake Forest to generate some cash to build a new hospital and upgrade its 215-bed facility.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions