Northwestern HealthCare, Lake Forest (IL) Hospital in affiliation talks
Chicago-based Northwestern Memorial Hospital is in pursuit of an "affiliation" with Lake Forest (IL) Hospital, executives from the two healthcare providers have confirmed. Like other Chicago-area hospitals, Northwestern Memorial has been looking at the suburbs to attract more insured patients. Some hospitals, mostly non-profit, say they need to generate revenue by opening facilities in areas with more insured patients to cover costs of those who cannot pay their bills. Though the exact deal has not been completed, neither side is not ruling out a merger or an acquisition by Northwestern Memorial as a way for Lake Forest to generate some cash to build a new hospital and upgrade its 215-bed facility.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts