Northwestern HealthCare, Lake Forest (IL) Hospital in affiliation talks
Chicago-based Northwestern Memorial Hospital is in pursuit of an "affiliation" with Lake Forest (IL) Hospital, executives from the two healthcare providers have confirmed. Like other Chicago-area hospitals, Northwestern Memorial has been looking at the suburbs to attract more insured patients. Some hospitals, mostly non-profit, say they need to generate revenue by opening facilities in areas with more insured patients to cover costs of those who cannot pay their bills. Though the exact deal has not been completed, neither side is not ruling out a merger or an acquisition by Northwestern Memorial as a way for Lake Forest to generate some cash to build a new hospital and upgrade its 215-bed facility.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream