WellPoint soon will offer some medical travel benefits
The nation's second-biggest health insurer, Indianapolis-based WellPoint Inc., is dipping a toe in the medical tourism marketplace. Starting in January, WellPoint will offer employees of Wisconsin-based Serigraph Inc. the option of traveling to India for nonemergency procedures. Serigraph will waive the insurance deductible and coinsurance for employees who agree to go, paying all medical costs as well as travel expenses for the patient and a companion.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives