Clarian Health-Ball Memorial Hospital merger approved
Indianapolis Star, November 21, 2008
Officials have approved a merger between Indianapolis-based Clarian Health and the medical group that owns Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, IN, and Blackford Community Hospital in Hartford City, IN. Officials have said both hospitals will keep their names and their current services, with Ball Memorial remaining a full-service acute care hospital. The merger will take effect Jan. 1.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts