Plans for new LSU-VA hospital campus expected
New Orleans Times-Picayune, November 24, 2008
After weighing possible locations for more than a year, Louisiana and federal leaders are expected to announce that they will build a new LSU-VA hospital campus in downtown New Orleans that will help lure top medical talent to the region and position the city as a hub for the biosciences. The announcement marks a major turning point for the region's economic recovery. Louisiana State University and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs plan to spend a combined $2 billion on their new hospitals. Together, they will provide a pipeline of 2,000 jobs in healthcare, research, and related services.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Discuss Population Health Management
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram