Plans for new LSU-VA hospital campus expected
New Orleans Times-Picayune, November 24, 2008
After weighing possible locations for more than a year, Louisiana and federal leaders are expected to announce that they will build a new LSU-VA hospital campus in downtown New Orleans that will help lure top medical talent to the region and position the city as a hub for the biosciences. The announcement marks a major turning point for the region's economic recovery. Louisiana State University and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs plan to spend a combined $2 billion on their new hospitals. Together, they will provide a pipeline of 2,000 jobs in healthcare, research, and related services.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream