Los Angeles County Supervisor to make reopening King-Harbor Hospital top priority
Mark Ridley-Thomas vowed to reopen Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital as he was sworn in as Los Angeles County's newest supervisor. Ridley-Thomas plans to announce details of how the county can reach a January 2010 goal to restore hospital services. Federal regulators forced the hospital to shut down after it failed to meet minimum standards for patient care, and the county downsized the facility, maintaining only clinic services.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US