Residents appeal Seattle Children's Hospital review
The Laurelhurst Community Club has appealed Seattle's environmental impact statement for Seattle Children's Hospital's proposed expansion plan. The proposed hospital expansion would more than double the number of beds and building sizes on the hospital's 22-acre campus and the 1.8 acres facing it. The environmental impact statement considers the effects on issues such as traffic, housing, noise, aesthetics, light and shadows, and air and water quality. Laurelhurst residents appealed the review to the Seattle Hearing Examiner, saying it "understates the expansion's harmful impacts, including gridlock, and refuses to study any compromise alternatives that would help prevent them."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'