Ontario hospital cuts cause major lay-offs
At least 50% of hospitals throughout Ontario have been in deficit this year, with nearly 70% of them expected to experience similar financial woes next year. Hospitals province-wide are now looking to substantial budget cuts that would impact workforces and hospital services, according to a recent report by the Ontario Health Coalition.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream