Maryland-based Adventist HealthCare undeterred by Holy Cross plan
Officials at Adventist HealthCare have announced that they will continue with plans to build a hospital in Clarksburg, MD, despite a rival's proposal to build a hospital a few miles away from their site. The decision sets up a battle between Adventist and Holy Cross Hospital, two nonprofit healthcare giants in Maryland's Montgomery County. It is unlikely that two hospitals would be built so close together, and the winner will be decided by state officials.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised