Maryland-based Adventist HealthCare undeterred by Holy Cross plan
Officials at Adventist HealthCare have announced that they will continue with plans to build a hospital in Clarksburg, MD, despite a rival's proposal to build a hospital a few miles away from their site. The decision sets up a battle between Adventist and Holy Cross Hospital, two nonprofit healthcare giants in Maryland's Montgomery County. It is unlikely that two hospitals would be built so close together, and the winner will be decided by state officials.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay