Maryland-based Adventist HealthCare undeterred by Holy Cross plan
Officials at Adventist HealthCare have announced that they will continue with plans to build a hospital in Clarksburg, MD, despite a rival's proposal to build a hospital a few miles away from their site. The decision sets up a battle between Adventist and Holy Cross Hospital, two nonprofit healthcare giants in Maryland's Montgomery County. It is unlikely that two hospitals would be built so close together, and the winner will be decided by state officials.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers