Walgreens aims for 400 clinics by August
The push into retail medicine is regaining momentum, and Deerfield, IL-based Walgreen Co. projects having 400 clinics nationally by Aug. 31. Although the economic downturn slowed growth, retailers and hospital systems continue to open retail clinics. The number of U.S. clinics jumped to 1,135 by December 1 compared with 1,104 just a month earlier, according to Merchant Medicine.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes