Walgreens aims for 400 clinics by August
The push into retail medicine is regaining momentum, and Deerfield, IL-based Walgreen Co. projects having 400 clinics nationally by Aug. 31. Although the economic downturn slowed growth, retailers and hospital systems continue to open retail clinics. The number of U.S. clinics jumped to 1,135 by December 1 compared with 1,104 just a month earlier, according to Merchant Medicine.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers