England's NHS constitution to set out healthcare standards
England's National Health Service will have its first constitution that will set out the rights and responsibilities linked to entitlement to NHS care. The Bill will place a duty on all providers and commissioners of state healthcare to take it into account. The Bill, to be published by Health Secretary Alan Johnson, will also allow the further development of "personalized" health services and direct payments for healthcare.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor