Daschle launches push for healthcare overhaul
Former Sen. Tom Daschle, who is slated to oversee healthcare policy in the Obama administration, is kicking off the effort to pass a comprehensive healthcare plan during a speech in Denver Dec. 5. Daschle's comments will be the first public discussion by the Obama team on healthcare since Election Day. He will emphasize that changes to the healthcare system must include expanding insurance coverage, as well as reducing costs and improving quality.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'