Rep. Waxman maps health agenda for next Congress
Rep. Henry Waxman, incoming chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, has started laying out his healthcare priorities. High on the list after Congress comes back next year is more scrutiny of drug marketing. Health reform under Obama, Waxman added, is doable and even more important in light of the downturn in the economy. Also high on Congress' to-do list next year are help for the states on Medicaid and an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Plan.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs