Rep. Waxman maps health agenda for next Congress
Rep. Henry Waxman, incoming chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, has started laying out his healthcare priorities. High on the list after Congress comes back next year is more scrutiny of drug marketing. Health reform under Obama, Waxman added, is doable and even more important in light of the downturn in the economy. Also high on Congress' to-do list next year are help for the states on Medicaid and an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Plan.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives