Daschle also to oversee new health reform office
Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle will serve not only as the Health and Human Services secretary under President elect Barack Obama, but also will oversee a new White House Office of Health Reform. A Democratic official familiar with the plans said the additional appointment makes it clear that Daschle will coordinate efforts within the administration to overhaul the nation's healthcare system.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream