U.S. investigating Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital
The U.S. government is investigating a relationship between Chicago’s Northwestern Memorial Hospital and its affiliated doctor practice, the Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation. Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and its subsidiaries Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern Memorial Foundation have each received a subpoena from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General that requests information regarding the structuring of various arrangements between Northwestern Memorial and the Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%