Illinois hospital merger, expansion called off
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, December 15, 2008
Hospital officials remain tight-lipped about why the merger of Springield, IL-based Hospital Sisters Health System and St. Anthony's Health System of Alton fell through. The move also calls off the $70 million expansion project already under way at St. Anthony's. "We're not going to go into the why the affiliation didn't happen," said Hospital Sisters spokesman Dave Urbanek. "It wasn't the right time for this kind of affiliation between the two systems."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals