Illinois hospital merger, expansion called off
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, December 15, 2008
Hospital officials remain tight-lipped about why the merger of Springield, IL-based Hospital Sisters Health System and St. Anthony's Health System of Alton fell through. The move also calls off the $70 million expansion project already under way at St. Anthony's. "We're not going to go into the why the affiliation didn't happen," said Hospital Sisters spokesman Dave Urbanek. "It wasn't the right time for this kind of affiliation between the two systems."
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program