Why Americans pay more for healthcare
New research from the McKinsey Global Institute and McKinsey's healthcare practice tries to shed light why healthcare costs so much more here than in comparable countries. The research indicates same-day hospital care and visits to physicians' offices contribute the most to the overall growth in spending for outpatient care.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions