Boston Medical to cut staff, services
Boston Medical Center will layoff 250 employees as $114 million in state budget cuts are expected. Patient services will be cut, too, in areas including primary care, pediatrics, and geriatrics. These cuts will likely have the biggest impact on low-income residents and others who receive free or subsidized care.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives