Commentary: What Medicaid tells us about government healthcare
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), January 8, 2009
In this opinion piece for the Wall Street Journal, former senior official at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Scott Gottlieb says accumulating medical data shows that Medicaid recipients' poor health outcomes aren't just a function of their underlying medical problems, but a more direct consequence of the program's shortcomings. Gottlieb questions why Barack Obama now wants to build on this system despite its shortcomings.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers