Zimbabwe denies citizens right to health, group says
Washington Post, January 14, 2009
Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe's government should be investigated for crimes against humanity for overseeing and ignoring the breakdown of the nation's healthcare system, an international doctors group said in a report. The cholera outbreak gripping the country is just one sign of the disintegration of a once-admired healthcare structure that essentially ceased to function in late 2008, according to U.S.-based Physicians for Human Rights.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion